Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXX No. No. 11, October 1-15, 2020
Quizmaster V.V. Ramanan’s first 10 questions are on current affairs and next 10 on Indian flora and fauna.
1. Which two Arab countries recently signed the ‘Abraham Accords’ with Israel in a step toward a realignment of the Middle East?
2. In a historic judgement, which global telecom company recently won a decade-long battle against the Indian tax department’s demand of Rs. 20,000 crore?
3. The Russian ship Arktika, measuring 569 feet long and 112 feet wide, is the world’s _____?
4. The recent finding of Phospine in which planet’s atmosphere may suggest the existence of life there?
5. Legendary singer SPB, who passed away recently, won six National film awards for best male playback singer. For which film did he win his first award?
6. Which tech giant is to buy ZeniMax Media for $7.5 billion in what is considered the most expensive takeover in the history of the video game industry?
7. Palaeontologists recently announced the discovery of perfectly preserved remains of which type of carnivore, believed to be 22,000 to 39,500 years old, in Siberia in the thawing permafrost?
8. Swedish athlete Armand Duplantis recently broke which 26-year-old outdoor world record at the Diamond League in Rome?
9. Which city in Karnataka will house India’s first Coast Guard Academy?
10. Which Indian actor has been featured in Time Magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People of 2020’?
* * *
11. What are the State animal and bird of Tamil Nadu?
12. What distinction does the Hoolock Gibbon have in Indian fauna?
13. What is the common name for Ficus benghalensis?
14. According to the last official status of tigers in India, which State had the highest number of the majestic big cat with 526?
15. Where is the largest mangrove forest entirely located in India?
16. Andaman Palmking, Manipur Goldenfork, Nilgiri Four-ring and Cinnamon Crow are endemic species of which creature?
17. The Dachigam National Park in Jammu and Kashmir is the biggest protected area for which type of big herbivore?
18. The largest bovine in the world is found in our country. What is its local name?
19. With an area of about 5,520 square kilometres, which region was marked as India’s first biosphere reserve in 1986?
20. Name India’s only herbivorous marine mammalAnswers to Quiz
* * *
11. Nilgiri Tahr and Emerald Dove, 12. Only native ape species, 13. Banyan, 14. Madhya Pradesh, 15. Pichavaram, 16. Swallowtail and Nymphalid butterfly species, 17. Hangul or the Kashmir stag, 18. Gaur or the Indian bison, 19. Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, 20. Dugong.