Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXX No. 13, November 1-15, 2020
Quizmaster V.V. Ramanan’s first 10 questions are on current affairs and next 10 on flags.
1.Whose record did Lewis Hamilton recently break for the most race wins in Formula One?
2. Which Chinese company recently raised $34.5 billion in the world’s largest IPO thus far, valuing it at $313 billion?
3.A massive geoglyph of which animal was recently discovered among Peru’s famous Nazca lines?
4. What disclaimer is Disney adding to its older films on its streaming service?
5. According to The World Bank, how many million people are likely to be in extreme poverty by 2021, due to the coronavirus pandemic?
6. Why were Bihar’s Kabartal Wetland and Asan Conservation Reserve in Uttarakhand in the news?
7. In which part of the human body have Dutch scientists discovered a new organ measuring 1.5 inches and named it Tubarial glands in reference to its anatomical location?
8. Which pungent spice used as a condiment is to be cultivated for the first time in the country in the Lahaul valley of Himachal Pradesh?
9. With which US-based company has Jio announced a major tie-up to develop indigenous 5G tech?
10. In one of the biggest lawsuits, the US Justice Department has accused Google of doing what illegally?
* * *
11. What is the study of flags called?
12. Name the freedom fighter who came up with the design on which the Indian National flag is based.
13. What is the significance of the 50 Stars and 13 stripes in the US flag?
14. Simple one. In what way is the Nepal flag different from normal flags?
15. Which Asian nation’s flag has the Shahada (Islamic creed)?
16. Which natural feature appears on the flags of Bangladesh, Kiribati and Niger?
17. What five-letter word describes the edge of a flag nearest to the flagpole and also sometimes refers to the vertical dimension of a flag?
18. What honour/distinction does the Karnataka Khadi Gramodyoga Samyukta Sangha (KKGSS) in Garag village near Hubbali have?
19. In Formula One, which colour flag indicates that the driver in front who is one or more laps down must let faster cars behind pass?
20. Which Asian country’s flag would one get if the Polish flag is turned upside down?Answers to Quiz
* * *
11. Vexillology, 12. Pingali Venkayya, 13. The 50 stars stand for the 50 States of the union, and the 13 stripes stand for the original 13 States, 14. It is made of two stacked two triangles, 15. Saudi Arabia, 16. The Sun, 17. Hoist, 18. It is the only unit in India that is officially authorised to manufacture and supply hand-woven Khadi National flag, 19. Blue, 20. Indonesia.