Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXX No. No. 14, November 16-30, 2020
Quizmaster V.V. Ramanan’s first 10 questions are on current affairs and next on ‘man’s best friend’.
1. How did a children’s rhyme ‘Baby Shark’ by South Korean company Pinkfong make the news recently?
2. Sean Connery, the first screen James Bond who passed away recently, won an Oscar for his performance as Jimmy Malone, a veteran Irish-American police officer in which film?
3. Joe Biden was declared the winner of the US presidential election after the win in which state and its 20 electoral votes that put him at over 270 votes?
4. Which very popular messaging platform has become the latest to launch its own UPI payment feature in India?
5. Sangita Kalanidhi, Padma Bhushan T.N. Krishnan who passed away recently was a virtuoso in playing which instrument?
6. In which Indian State is being set up the world’s largest care and cure centre for elephants?
7. Chennai-born Priyanca Radhakrishnan has become the first-ever Indian origin minister in which country headed by a woman PM?
8. Which South Atlantic island was declared landmine-free, 38 years after the end of a war between the UK and Argentina?
9. Which country had the unfortunate distinction of being the first nation in the world to surpass 10 million cumulative COVID-19 cases?
10. Which multiple-Grand Slam title winner recently became the fourth player to achieve 1,000 match wins on the ATP Tour?
* * *
11. The Chihuahua, the smallest dog breed, is named after a place in which country?
12. Which breed is called the ‘barkless dog’ because it is known for making a yodelling noise instead of barking?
13. What is the local name for the Indian native breed also called Maiden’s Beastmaster?
14. Which lovable, playful canine’s name literally means ‘badger dog’?
15. All dogs trace their origins to which animal?
16. In the world of comics/cartoons, what breeds of dog were Snoopy and Scooby Doo?
17. Connect the Beatles song ‘A Day in the Life’ to our canine friends.
18. According to the Guinness Book of Records, which is the world’s oldest known breed of domesticated dog?
19. What is the name of the brightest star in the night sky also called the ‘Dog Star’?
20. What is the study of matters related to canines or domestic dogs called?Answers to Quiz
* * *
11. Mexico, 12. Basenji, 13. Kanni, 14. Dachshund, 15. Wolves (more specifically grey wolf), 16. Beagle and Great Dane, 17. Paul McCartney has said that he added a frequency only dogs can hear to the end of the song, 18. Saluki, 19. Sirius, 20. Cynology.