Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXXI No. 12, October 1-15, 2021
1. Which productions won the Emmys in the Best Drama and Limited Series categories recently?
2. The US Open women’s singles final was the first all-teenage final in 22 years. Who were the players?
3. Netflix recently bought the rights to the works of which well-known British author, liked by children and adults alike?
4. Environmental activist Greta Thunberg is planning to re-launch her weekly protests ahead of the global conference COP26 set to take place in Glasgow in November. What is her protest called?
5. What first did the recent SpaceX mission ‘Inspiration4’ achieve?
6. A company called ‘Colossal’, armed with $15 million funding, is planning to bring back which extinct creature to Siberia?
7. Name the former ISRO chief who will chair a National Steering Committee for formulating guidelines for changes in the CBSE / NCERT curriculum.
8. Which European country recently began the world’s biggest trial of Grail Inc’s Galleri blood test that can be used to detect more than 50 types of cancer before symptoms appear?
9. Name the new Governor of Tamil Nadu.
10. Which bank is to partner with Paytm in launching co-branded credit cards powered by Visa?
* * *
11. Name Mohandas’ mother and two elder brothers.
12. In which bustling south Indian city did Mahatma Gandhi adopt his loincloth attire?
13. After which famous author did Gandhiji name the farm built on a land gifted by Hermann Kallenbach, a German?
14. How is the date of Mahatma Gandhi’s return to India in 1915 commemorated now?
15. Name the medal awarded to Mohandas Gandhi in 1915 for ‘for his contribution to ambulance services in South Africa’?
16. Which two ideals, close to him, did Mahatma Gandhi refer to as his “two lungs”?
17. Who won the Best Actor statuette for playing the protagonist in Richard Attenborough’s multi-Oscar winning ‘Gandhi’?
18. How many times was Gandhiji nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize?
19. Who first referred to termed Mahatma Gandhi as ‘Rashtrapita’ (Father of the Nation)?
20. The UN observes October 2 as…?Answers to Quiz
1. ‘The Crown’ and ‘The Queen’s Gambit’, 2. Emma Raducanu and Leylah Fernandez, 3. Roald Dahl, 4. ‘Fridays for Future’, 5. It is the first orbital trip where no one is a professional astronaut but civilians, 6. Woolly mammoth, 7. K. Kasturirangan, 8. Britain, 9. R.N. Ravi, 10. HDFC Bank.
* * *
11. Putlibai and Laxmidas & Karsandas, 12. Madurai, 13. Tolstoy, 14. ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’, 15. ‘Kaiser-i-Hind Gold Medal’, 16. Ahimsa and Truth, 17. Ben Kingsley, 18. Five times (1937, 1938, 1939, 1947, and, finally, a few days before his assassination in January 1948), 19. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, 20. International Day of Non-Violence.