Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXXI No. 13, October 16-31, 2021
1. Which spice in Tamil Nadu recently got a Geographical Indication Tag as it is known for its rich aromatic oil content?
2. According to a whistle-blower, internal research had shown which Facebook-owned app is detrimental to many teenagers’ mental health?
3. Name the first-ever vaccine developed for any parasitic disease that was recently approved by WHO for use to combat Malaria.
4. Abdulrazak Gurnah, the first Black writer to win the Nobel Prize for Literature in 28 years, is from which African country?
5. A Russian feature film The Challenge is set to make history for what out-of-the-world feat?
6. Which tech giant recently launched a household robot ‘Astro’ that can check on people, pets, or security?
7. Which country ended European champion Italy’s 37-match winning run, the longest unbeaten streak in the history of men’s international football?
8. Tata Sons has won the bid to takeover Air India, that had its genesis in Tata Airlines started by the group in which year?
9. Indian hockey players recently swept FIH Stars Awards. Who were named the FIH Player of the Year in the men’s and women’s categories respectively?
10. According to ‘Forbes India Rich List 2021’, Mukesh Ambani ($92.7 billion) remains the wealthiest Indian for the 14th year in a row. Who are second and third?
* * *
11. What is the importance of the book Birds of the West Indies to the James Bond lore?
12. Which was the first of the 12 Bond novels that Fleming wrote?
13. Excluding spoofs, who apart from Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Daniel Craig, have played 007?
14. Who composed the evergreen James Bond theme?
15. Which film gets its title from a WWII operation that Fleming set up to undermine a German invasion of Spain?
16. In which Bond flick did Indian tennis great Vijay Amritraj play the spy’s friend?
17. In which film does the villain want to make all the world’s crops and livestock infertile?
18. What is common to David Somerset, Klaus Hergescheimer, James St. John Smythe and Dr. Mikhail Arkov?
19. Which famous author, known for his children’s books, scripted ‘You Only Live Twice’?
20. Name the one film where Bond’s boss M doesn’t appear at all.Answers to Quiz
1. Kanniyakumari Cloves, 2. Instagram, 3. Mosquirix (made by Glaxo SmithKline), 4. Tanzania, 5. First feature film to be shot on board the ISS. The film’s lead actress and director recently flew to the ISS, 6. Amazon, 7. Spain, 8. 1932 as Tata Airlines, 9. Harmanpreet Singh and Gurjit Kaur, 10. Gautam Adani ($74.8b) and Shiv Nadar ($31b).
* * *
11. Ian Fleming ‘borrowed’ the name of his hero from the author of that book, 12. Casino Royale, 13. George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan, 14. Monty Norman, 15. Golden Eye, 16. Octopussy, 17. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, 18. Some of the aliases used by James Bond across various movies, 19. Roald Dahl, 20. For Your Eyes Only.