Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXXI No. 5, June 16-31, 2021
1. Who recently became the eighth in line to the British throne?
2. Which US billionaire has announced that he and his brother will make a spaceflight on July 20?
3. What Greek alphabet has been given to the variant of the coronavirus first detected in India?
4. What material did British sculptor Joe Rush use to create ‘Mount Recyclemore’ depicting the seven nations’ leaders at the recent summit in Cornwall?
5. Apart from Tamil Nadu, which two States were in the top three for highest student enrolment as per the recently released All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-20?
6. The UN Security Council recently approved Secretary-General Antonio Guterres for a second term. Of which European nation was he a former Prime Minister?
7. The Interpol-led Operation Pangea XIV recently shut down more than one lakh weblinks. What type of links?
8. To study which planet has NASA announced missions called DAVINCI+ and VERITAS to be launched between 2028-2030?
9. T.M. Kalliannan Gounder, the last surviving member of which elite group of people at the time of Independence, passed away at the age of 101 in Thiruchengode recently?
10. From which Caribbean island was the fugitive jeweler Mehul Choksi arrested recently?
* * *
11. How did Herge, the author of Tintin, get his pen name?
12. What is the contribution of Palle Huld, a Danish actor and writer, to the Tintin legend?
13. Which was the first Tintin adventure, appearing as a series in Le Petit Vingtieme from January 1929?
14. What sets apart Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece and Tintin and the Blue Oranges from the other works?
15. Can you name the butcher, Castafiore’s maid, and the name of Jolyon Wagg’s insurance company?
16. Going by English versions of the books, name the Asterix book which is also part of the title of a Tintin adventure?
17. In which adventure does Tintin come to Delhi and see Qutub Minar among other places?
18. What is Captain Haddock’s preferred brand of whiskey?
19. What physical feature helps one differentiate the similar-looking Thomson and Thompson?
20. Name the unfinished 24th and final volume of The Adventures of Tintin.Answers to Quiz
1. Lilibet Diana, the Duke (Harry) and Duchess of Sussex (Meghan)’s daughter, 2. Jeff Bezos, 3. Delta, 4. Electronic waste, 5. Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra, 6. Portugal, 7. Those offering/selling fake and illicit medicines and medical products, 8. Venus, 9. The Constituent Assembly, 10. Dominica.
* * *
11. Reversed the initials (RG) of his given name Georges Remi, 12. He is believed to be the inspiration for our hero, 13. Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, 14. They live-action Tintin films made in the 1960s, 15. Cutts, Irma and Rock Bottom Insurance Company, 16. Black Gold, 17. Tintin in Tibet, 18. Loch Lomond, 19. Thompson’s moustache is neatly trimmed, whilst Thomson’s has a twirl, 20. Tintin and Alph-Art.