Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXX No. 10, September 16-30, 2020
Quizmaster V.V. Ramanan’s first 10 questions are on current affairs and the next 10 on Chennai Super Kings.
1. According to WWF’s ‘Living Planet Report 2020’, which type of animal population has seen an alarming decline of 68% from 1970 to 2016?
2. Which businessman recently became the first person to be worth $200 billion?
3. Which spiritual leader’s book Let Us Dream, explaining how a crisis can teach an individuals to deal with problems they face in their lives, is to be released in December?
4. Who was Novak Djokovic playing in the US Open when he was disqualified for hitting a line judge?
5. This actor who achieved fame for playing the Black Panther succumbed to cancer recently. Name him.
6. UNICEF has appointed which popular Indian actor as its celebrity advocate for promoting and supporting its work around ending violence against children?
7. The WHO recently announced that Africa has seen the eradication of which disease?
8. Which famous National Park is to be expanded by 884 sq km?
9. Name the eminent lawyer who was penalised Re. 1 by the Supreme Court in a criminal contempt case that made headlines recently.
10. On September 7, India surpassed which nation to become the second-most COVID-19 affected after the USA?
* * *
11. What IPL first did M.S. Dhoni achieve as a captain with CSK’s maiden win in 2010?
12. Chennai Super Kings has made the IPL finals in all but two seasons it has played. In which years did it miss out?
13. What is the single biggest contribution of the duo Jaishankar Iyer and Aravind Murali to the CSK legend?
14. Name the Australian siblings to have donned the yellow colours.
15. Which CSK star holds the record for batting in the same position a whopping 160+ times? And which position?
16. Which member of the present CSK support-staff has the distinction of taking a hat-trick and five wickets for the team?
17. Apart from Chennai, CSK has had two ‘home grounds’ in the IPL. Name both.
18. Name the two CSK batsmen to notch up two centuries.
19. Name the only CSK star to have gone into a secret bidding process in the IPL auctions.
20. Dwayne Bravo has done it twice, while Mohit Sharma and Imran Tahir once for CSK. What feat?Answers to Quiz
1.Vertebrates, 2. Jeff Bezos, 3. Pope Francis, 4. Pablo Carreno Busta, 5. Chadwick Boseman, 6. Ayushmann Khurrana, 7. Polio, 8. Kaziranga, 9. Prashant Bhushan, 10. Brazil.
* * *
11. First Indian skipper to lift the trophy, 12. 2009 and 2014, 13. Composers of ‘Whistle Podu’, 14. Mike and David Hussey, 15. Suresh Raina at No.3, 16. L. Balaji, 17. Ranchi and Pune, 18. Suresh Raina and Shane Watson, 19. Ravindra Jadeja, 20. Win the Purple Cap