Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXX No. No. 12, October 16-31, 2020
Quizmaster V.V. Ramanan’s first 10 questions are on current affairs and next 10 on festivals and celebrations.
1. By claiming the NBA championship for the 17th time, with which team has LA Lakers tied for the most titles won?
2. Which UN body has been awarded the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize?
3. By becoming the Captain Regent of which small European republic has Alessandro Cardelli become the youngest incumbent State leader in the world?
4. Which feisty marsupial was recently released into the wild on Australia’s mainland 3,000 years after it went extinct there?
5. Name the high-profile Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution who passed way recently.
6. With which online giant did IRCTC recently partner to let passengers book train tickets?
7. Which State/UT’s airport has become the Airports Authority of India’s first entirely solar-powered airport in the country?
8. Name the legendary guitarist, revered by peers for perfecting the two-handed tapping technique, who passed away recently.
9. Name the prize launched by Prince William where five £1 million prizes will be awarded each year for next 10 years to support environmental solutions.
10. Which famous naturalist clocked up a million Instagram followers in the fastest time, in just four hours and 44 minutes, according to Guinness World Records?
* * *
11. Which Eid honours the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son Ismael as an act of obedience to God’s command?
12. Which festival has three types – Rongali, Kongali and Bhogali?
13. Which celebrations in western India has a personality called King Momo?
14. On which day of Durga Puja does the ‘Sindhoor Khela’ happen?
15. Name the Theravada festival that commemorates the birth, enlightenment, and death of the Buddha?
16. Name the fun-filled event held every last Wednesday of August, during a week of festivities in the Spanish town of Bunol.
17. Fill in the blank: ___________ was started to celebrate the marriage of the crown prince of Bavaria, who later became King Louis I, to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen
18. The distinctive feature of which liturgy is the blowing of the Shofar or the ram’s horn?
19. Which religion’s founder’s birthday is celebrated as ‘Khordad Sal’?
20. ‘Tulsi Pujan Diwas’ is observed every year on a date which is important to Christianity. What date?Answers to Quiz
* * *
11. Eid-ul-Adha, 12. Bihu, 13. Goa Carnival, 14. Vijayadashami, 15. Wesak, 16. La Tomatina where people get involved in a tomato fight, 17. Oktoberfest, 18. Rosh Hashana, 19. Zoroastrianism, 20. December 25.