Registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India under R.N.I 53640/91
Vol. XXXII No. 8, August 1-15, 2022
Wishing our Readers a Happy Madras Week.
We are pleased to present the events we have lined up for Madras Week. The schedule for all programs (unless specified) is as follows: 6.00 pm – 6.30 pm: Refreshments, 6.30 pm – 7.30 pm: Programme.
1. Sunday, August 21 – A Tribute to SPB. Talk by actor and writer Mohan V Raman at GRT Convention Center, T. Nagar.
2. Monday, August 22 – Dilip Kumar: Signboards to Stories, a Journey. Writer Dilip Kumar in conversation with Justice Prabha Sridevan at Ashvita’s, Mylapore.
3. Tuesday, August 23 – Historian & Madras Musings Editor Sriram V. in conversation with pioneering social worker Poonam Natarajan at the Museum of Possibilities, Triplicane.
4. Wednesday, August 24 – Tête à Tête with Manuel Aaron. Anchor and commentator Sumanth Raman in conversation with chess legend Manuel Aaron at Hotel Maris, Cathedral Road.
5. Thursday, August 25 – Culinary Notes From Madras: Tracing the influences of communities that were integral to the city of Madras. Talk by Rakesh Raghunathan at Hanu Reddy Residences.
6. Friday, August 26 – Staging Kalki’s Ponniyin Selvan. Talk by artist and director Pravin Kannanur at Hotel Savera, Mylapore.
7. Friday, 6.30 pm – 8.00 pm – Activism in Tamil cinema Music. Live concert anchored by film-maker K. Hariharan and music producer Subhasree Thanikachalam at Goethe Institut auditorium, Max Mueller Bhavan, Rutland Gate.
8. Saturday, August 27, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Digital Chennai: How Chennai companies are riding the digital wave. Panel discussion featuring Vikas Chawla (Co-founder, Social Beat) and Jagadeesh Kumar (Co-founder, Indus Valley) moderated by business advisor and IIM Ahmedabad alumni Chandu Nair at Chamiers, RA Puram.
9. Saturday, August 27, 8.00 pm – 9.00 pm – The Cryptic Chennai Quiz by Ashwin Bhandarkar, hosted online.
10. Sunday, August 28, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Fuelling Chennai. Fitness experts Raj Ganpath, (co-founder and coach, The Quad), Vikram Menon, (co-founder and coach, Wild Warrior Race), Anusha Swamy, (Pole Art coach) and Aishwarya Manivannan (International Silambam champion) tell us in an interactive session how movement is changing our lives and our city. The venue is The Park, Nungambakkam.Nungambakkam.